You should be able to find several indispensable facts about cellulite in the following paragraphs. If there’s at least one fact you didn’t know before, imagine the difference it might make.
Nowadays nearly eighty percent of women are facing the problem of cellulite. The problem is that cellulite is surrounded by many myths and ill conceived ideas. I refer of course to those facts about cellulite that are very popular, but are totally or partially false, but are thought by many people to be true.
- There is a general opinion that only women in their 30s get cellulite. This is not true. Both women and men, of any age, size, weight or structure can develop at a certain age cellulite on particular parts of their body. In fact, there are cases where both young women and men have developed cellulite before they are 20 years old. It is true that older people are more likely to suffer from cellulite. The reason behind this fact is that older people have thinner skin.
- The common advice that may be given by your friends or relatives is to eliminate superfluous liquid by using diuretic and depletive remedies and teas. In reality, you will only develop more cellulite and you may even make yourself ill, if you follow this advice. If you really want to get rid of unnecessary liquid, you can do this with green tea, fruits and vegetables, flakes or with soda-free water.
- Many people believe that diets and exercises can completely get rid of cellulite. This is partially true. A proper anti cellulite diet and a daily exercise program can lead to a cellulite reduction. Unfortunately, this will only be a temporarily effect, and after a while the cellulite will appear again on your hips, buttocks of thighs.
- The most common cellulite myth is that only over-weight people develop cellulite. Some really overweight people develop no cellulite at all, yet many slim people have a lot of cellulite. Though overweight people are more prone to developing cellulite, it isn’t an automatic problem. We all have fat cells in our body, so we all can develop cellulite.
- Another cellulite myth is that a salt-free diet will help you to get rid of cellulite. Just like the myth I mentioned above this is partially true too. Salt is not the cause for cellulite, but it definitely doesn’t help it. A normal consumption of salt (5 to 10 grams per day) would not affect you in any way.
- Cellulite can only appear on the thighs and hip. This is another myth. On women, cellulite is more likely to develop on the hips and thighs; however it also develops on the buttocks, arms and other parts of their body. On men, cellulite is more likely to develop on their abdomen, and sometimes on their neck.
So, don’t listen to all your friends’ advices and make the wrong decisions. The right thing to do in this case is to see a physician or any other specialists that will tell you all about cellulite.
Before you start a cellulite treatment or buy ant cellulite products make sure that they are recommended by someone who really knows what he’s talking about. Take time to consider the points presented above. What you learn may help you overcome your hesitation to take action.